Sunday, September 16, 2012

Raspberry Chocolate Cake

This is a photo of the gluten free raspberry chocolate cake I made for my son's 12th birthday party on Saturday.  Six of his friends showed up to help him celebrate and by extension, eat cake.This cake was my first attempt at gluten free baking and I have to say that it really turned out well.  It was perhaps a little on the dense side, but the taste was excellent.  The thing I would change if I make it again is to use Bob's Red Mill gluten free flour blend, as it has come highly recommended, instead of the generic blend I picked up at the local bulk food store. This is the recipe I used:
http://savoringtoday.com/2012/05/09/chocolate-cake-gluten-free-and-the-celebration-express/

As you can see it's not vegan.  I will attempt vegan gluten free when I have a few more cakes under my belt, but not necessarily in my tummy. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment