Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Vegan cheesy macaroni goodness



http://www.chatelaine.com/en/article/21796--healthy-comfort-food-and-a-mac-and-cheese-recipe

OMG WOW!!  That is all I have to say!  Well, no it's not, because I like to talk and cannot limit myself to just those few words. :-)  This was fantastic!  My kids loved it!  One of the things my children have struggled the most with since our transition from vegetarian to vegan is giving up cheese.  I make a lion's share of meals using nutritional yeast for the cheesy taste and to get some extra B12, but this recipe uses a scant 1/3 cup in the entire sauce.  Most of the creamy flavour comes from the cooked squash.  (I didn't have enough, so I steamed some yams and substituted with them.)

Anyway, this recipe entered my archives today as a winner and I'm sure it won't be long before I put on a repeat performance.  I have asked the author to provide nutritional information and once I have that, I will post it.

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment